Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Season of Consecration

I have been praying about where the Lord is now leading me. It's as if He is stirring in my heart and telling me "My daughter there is more, there is more, there is more." I just have to say to my readers, that I love Korea. Coming to Korea was the best thing that I have ever done. Coming here opened my eyes to God's heart and how much He truly loves me- an unfathomable endless love. Even when speaking the word 'Korea" it strikes a key in my heart. The other night, I was talking with a friend on the subway and he said "Korea is a special place." Yes, Korea is a very special place. The Lord really brings His children to Korea to awaken their hearts to His love. Korea has become my home, even at times I feel more comfortable here than I do back in the States. It seems the more and more I am here; the less comfortable I am in western civilization. Being in Seoul-Korea has opened my heart to love Him in a new way, opened my heart to His heart for the lost around the whole world, and has brought me to a sense of endless worship, prayer, and song. So when thinking of Korea, I can honestly say this is where I first whole-heartedly experienced the Lord. Korea has become my home, although of course my first home is with the Lord-Jesus Christ (believing you all knew that). But there's always that but right? But I feel it's not enough, I feel a longing for more. The Lord has placed a passion of worship, music, prayer, and an endless searching for Him upon my heart. It's all I think about, it's all I dream about.

This week the Lord has really spoken to my heart through the story of 'The Tabernacle of David.' I read about Solomon being young and inexperienced and how the house that he is to build is to be of huge magnificence and splendor. The Lord tells David "He will be my son and I will be his Father." This is pertaining to Solomon being the son and the Lord being the Father. In a slight-way I feel like Solomon, young and very inexperienced. Although Solomon's calling is to the structural building of the Tabernacle of David (Temple of the Lord) and mine is more so in worshiping, praying, interceding, witnessing, and teaching. I can't help but feel a sense of mysterious connection to the Tabernacle of David, through Solomon. I feel young and inexperienced in worship, prayer, music, and evangelism; but I know this is one of my callings. I believe that just as Solomon was equipped through the preparations of David and the power and Spirit of the Father, that I will be equipped too. I take this story in heart to be a promise that the Lord will equip me in my young and inexperienced abilities, just as He did for King Solomon. The verse that captivates my heart is "He will be my son and I will be his Father." As growing up with no father figure in my life, it has always been hard to grasp the love of a father, as well as the love of Christ. The past almost 2 years the love of a Father has been awoken in my heart here in Seoul-Korea. To say the Lord has rained down His love is an understatement. It has become so powerful, but beyond the love of an earthly father, the love of Christ can't even compare to an earthly sense. I have had so much healing here in Korea when speaking about the love of a father. The Lord's love has covered over all the holes in my heart and emptiness, as I now see that I have a Beautiful Wonderful Father. How beautiful the love of the Heavenly Father is. My sweet Father, thank-you for you your son-ship, thank you for your Father-hood, that I can be called the daughter of the Holy One Most High.

I have begun to look further into pursuing other schools/ internships that could better equip and train me in these areas. I'm still in the process of praying on a possible school or program. I wish there were a school in Korea that I felt lead to, but I'm afraid there isn't one that has a music/worship program. Lately I have had nervousness upon me when thinking about leaving Korea. I have grown so much here and I was a little nervous to leave my church, my college, my friends, my teaching job, and my spiritual-family. But as I was reading through 1 Chronicles and meditating on it this week, I really felt the Lord whispering to me "I will never leave you, come after me for there is more." Then I came upon these scriptures:

"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always." 1 Chronicles 16:11"Whatever you have in mind, do it, for God is with you." 1 Chronicles 17:2"

I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor. I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever." 1 Chronicles 17:13-14

"Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished." 1 Chronicles 28:20

I believe these scriptures are telling me to do whatever the Lord has placed in my mind and heart to do. They are telling me to look to the Lord and embrace His strength, focus on seeking His face in everything I do. It is a promise that He is my father and that He will always love me and will never take His love away. God is telling me He will give me strength, knowledge, wisdom, and skill to do any work that He has placed in my heart. That I can't gain knowledge, wisdom, or training for myself or for anyone else, but that it's only for Him and through His Spirit that this can be made possible.

"My son Solomon, the one whom God has chosen is young and inexperienced. The task is great because this palatial structure is not for man but for the Lord God." 1 Chronicles 29:1

I believe this verse is not to be taken lightly. I will take this literally as well, for when we feel the Lord calling us for worship, service, etc. sometimes we have this little green-eyed monster creep in called pride. Aaahhhh yes, pride. We all have dealt with pride, I'm sure numerous times, at least I know I have. When the Lord calls us to go somewhere, do something, to serve or be part of praise, He wants us to do it whole-heartedly for Him and through Him. So many times people do things for the wrong reasons, for the approval of man and the world. It's when the Lord calls the weak or the inexperienced that they truly have to rely on Christ for knowledge, wisdom, equipping, and the power of the Holy Spirit. It's not what you can do for the Lord, but what the Holy Spirit can do through you for Him.

" And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 10Consider now , for the Lord has chosen you to build a temple as a sanctuary. Be strong and do the work." 1 Chronicles 28: 9-10

Then I began to think about only worshiping, praying, seeking God's face. To set aside a season of my life to grow closer to the Lord in prayer, song, meditation, and really digging into His written Voice. How awesome would it be to drop everything for a season and pursue after God's Heart? I was thinking this late this evening as I was meditating and praying on 1 Chronicles. Then I came to the Lord's Voice in scripture:

"Now who is willing to consecrate himself today to the Lord?" 1 Chronicles 29: 5

I think I might have 'yelped' when I read this. How God is so good! I want to say I Love Him, but it's more than love. I'm Lovesick for Him. He never get's old and it seems time after time, He speaks His heart to me. I can't get enough, I long to know Him more. The craziest part about it, is that He loves me more. We think our love is strong for Him, but it's nothing compared to the Love He has for us. My heart melts when I think how much He loves me, how much He thinks I'm absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment