Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Assembly Line


I woke up this morning to a slight pain in my heart. Sometimes being a teacher makes your heart hurt. You become so attached to the students that they become a part of your daily thoughts, even when you’re not at school. Some students more than others, not saying that I have favorites, but at times it seems necessary to pray for more patience and love with these specific ones. Its not that they are bad but they are just special cases. It's funny that how 'the one' student I struggled with emotionally and at one time physically seemed to be one of the ones that my heart grew so found of. *Just a side-note so you don't all think I'm abusive :-), you could just say that at times this precious one didn't know what to do with his anger. As I began to pray for more love and patience for this little-one, the Lord began to pour out more than what I asked for. He really changed my heart to love this little one despite any circumstances, unconditionally. As my heart began to change, it seemed the child began to change. As the months have gone by my heart has grown more and more for this little one, especially his dimpled mischievous look. My heart has not been the only one that has changed, but the little one's heart has too. I began to see trust develop in his eyes and I began to see love grow in his heart for me. The past month I was reminded of God's love through this mischievous one. One morning a few weeks ago, I saw this blue streak running across the room and then I felt two little arms around my waist, hugging me tightly. I looked down and saw Osama just looking up at me with those big brown eyes. At that moment, I was reminded of how much God loves us. Through this little boy, God was giving me a hug and telling me He loved me. How the Lord has changed my heart to love as He has called me to love. I have to admit that it was hard at first but now I don't want to let this little boy go back home. It's funny how God works sometimes and turns our weaknesses into our greatest strengths or accomplishments. The beginning of the year I struggled with love and now towards the end of the year as this little one leaves to go back to his country, I don't want to let go of the love I have for him. I won't let go of this love and I will always remember this little precious munchkin. I see now that teachers give love but that love is also taken from them. You give a peace of your heart to each one of your students and you watch them flourish through the year. I don't know why, but I guess I always expected to get that peace of heart back. :-D It doesn't work like that. A peace of my heart was taken this week and I'm okay with it. It hurts but at the same time it feels good. I will always have a little peace of my heart in Saudi Arabia. Maybe when it's done and overwith a few more pieces of my heart will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment