Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Something more, Nothing Less

~A prayer to the God of my life~

Never enough. Something more. Nothing less.
As I pray my heart yearns for more.
As I sleep I long for yet another closeness.
Another glance. Another song.
My voice lifts but longs to be free.
In the depths of the night there is yet more but nothing less.
Partaking in bread but dreaming of life.
As life always brings death, Your death brought life.
As I give thanks to fill, I only empty.
Pouring myself out as an offering, longing to be complete.
How to fill this deep longing, this vast emptiness.
Feeling the weakness of an incomplete woman.
Feeling the weakness of an imperfect individual.
The bareness of my soul seeks.
The quest of the completion of eternity continues.
Never possessing enough.
Craving one more glance of Your countenance.
The capture of Your gaze.
To ravish Your Heart with only one glance.
Locking my eyes to that dark stare.
Yearning to see the extravagance of Your crown of Glory.
Never enough. Something more but nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment