Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Left home to come home but someday I will really be Home.

What a change the past few weeks has brought about. It was like I left home to come home. I really do consider Korea my home. The past 2 years my new-home land has changed everything about who I am, maybe I should rephrase that. God has changed everything about who I am and it just happened to be in the beautiful land of Korea. It seems that this is the trend in Korea... maybe God is on to something in the land of the morning calm. If there was a way to completely describe Korea I would have to say that Korea could be "our land" described in Ezekiel 36. Although theologically speaking, maybe not... but for my comparison, it has been.

"I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleanliness, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statues and be careful to obey my rules. Ezekiel 36:24-27

As I spent the last 2 weeks in the United States, I have had so many mixed feelings. Feelings of homesickness (although I am home) have been the basis of my situation. Strange to be homesick when you are in your own homeland, but I have come to an understanding. The United States is no longer my only homeland. Korea has become my homeland, my spiritual homeland. When arriving in Korea in 2007, I was spiritually dead and thirsty. Korea has changed my heart, my spirit. Should I say that I am forever ruined in a good way? I shall say that I am. Although I am not Korean by ethnicity, and am 'aka' a 'me-gook,' I feel that my spirit has a connection with Korea. It's where I came back to the Lord, it's where the Lord put his Spirit within me. Korea has become my home and I am in a way 'Korean at heart.'

So with that said, I am on to the next season of my life. I'm IHOP'n it at international house of prayer in Kansas for a season, unless God calls me here for longer. I am uncertain of what the future holds for me, what I will do, where I will go, or any timing on whatever may come across my path. One thing is for sure that I am totally relying on our Heavenly Father to lead me and guide me to His purposes. This morning waiting at the airport I was led to this verse:

"For You are my rock and my fortress;
and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me;
You take me out of the net they have hidden for me,
for you are my refuge.
Into Your hand I commit my spirit;
you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God."
Psalm 31:3-5

It's amazing how I came to Korea with a heart of stone but I left Korea with a heart of flesh. One thing I know for sure, I have the best future-career Planner. Into His hand I commit my spirit and only for His Name's sake will He lead me and guide me. One thing I can't wait for is to be at my Final Home, the final destination, not United States or Korea but Heaven.

ps. I still would like to think that Korea has not seen the last of me. God willing of course. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment