Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

piers of preparation

As I entered the dusk scene, I gazed out onto the water as I gently stepped onto the wooden pier. Barefoot I walked farther away from the shore while all the time drawing nearer to its end. What beauty the water brought as the night was coming down. The colors of the almost gone sunset, dark yet lovely, appeared upon the horizon of the water. I stood on the weathered wooden landing, breathing in the presence of the Lord and the beauty of His creations. Worshipping the Lord upon Zephaniah, assuming to be alone I felt another presence. Glancing to the right, another wooden pier came into sight as it mirrored the exact one of my very presence. I saw you once again, but this time in a different scene. Always dark you seem yet mysteriously beautiful. Faceless you appear, while your heart shows the beauty and love of your soul. You stayed in my sight and did not vanish. As I looked down upon my steps, my heart longed to be next to yours. I longed to see your eyes as I tried to lock my view upon you. I couldn't help but notice the distance of separation between our piers. The stillness and mist of the water was calming but I knew that it was not in either of our power to cross. As I turned my eyes upon you again, I only felt your soul. I felt your soul intently look upon mine, as the loyalty of a dove's gaze. As I stood at the end of the pier, you stood at the end of the other, the water being the distance between our shoulders. I felt the presence of the Lord in all of the beauty and couldn't help but to worship. Although there was no voice, I felt our hearts worshiping together. As we stood on separate planks and outwardly gazed upon God's beauty, we could do nothing but give adoring reverence to the Creator of it all. As we stand on these piers of preparation, I anticipate the day that we may be fully revealed to one another and set sail. To sail off into God's beauty while serving shoulder to shoulder.

"'Then will I purify the lips of the peoples,
that all may call on
the name of the Lord'
and serve Him shoulder to shoulder."
Zephaniah 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment