Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

1,999 words

"A Biblical Synopsis of Worship's Relationship to a Specific Ministry." I chose the Eucharist (Lord's Supper/Communion).

Why do I always wait till the last minute to do assignments that have been given months in advance? I'm using the excuse that I work better under pressure. Although I believe that I write well and in most cases with passion, that doesn't mean that I always want to write-even if it's on a topic that I'm passionate about. All weekend I tried to get started on my mid-term paper for our ministry and worship class. Here's how it went down...

2 months earlier: doo... doo... doo... no research done. no paper done.

Friday: doo... doo... doo... no research gets done.
me: "Lord, I pray that you give me paper topics in my dreams."
No dreams occurred. :-(

Saturday: doo... doo... doo... went to the gym, met C for coffee, doodled in the rain.
No work gets done.

Sunday: IT"S A SABBATH!!! No work gets done.

Monday: doo... doo... doo... worked, went to the school library for research.
Research done, paper not started.
me: "Lord, please help me dream for more paper ideas or scriptures."
Dream: I dreamed I was doing my paper all night, but didn't remember anything
else when I woke up. geesh! You'd think with my dreams, I could at least
remember someth'n!

Tuesday: 5AM woke up, 6Am woke up, 7AM woke up, got up at 8AM. Started paper at 1PM.
Finished paper at 1:00AM Wednesday Morning!

Wednesday: 1AM writing this blog. On my way to edit my paper! Then turn it in to
turnitin.com for plagiarism check... mandatory for all students.
PAPER DUE AT 8:30 AM!


So after all is said and done, a half pot of coffee, 12 hours of paper typing full of ADD tendencies, the most beautiful day of Spring yet-lost while I sat and typed in my shoe-box, bed sores developing as I cont. to sit in the same spot for the entire duration of paper typing, and now for the grand finale... drum role please.... dun... dun... dun... 1,999 words!

Wednesday: 1:29 AM I'm off to Edit.

ptL!

No comments:

Post a Comment