Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Caught up

Today I am just so caught up in the love of God.  I was reading in Deuteronomy this morning...

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."   
Deuteronomy 6:5

This is no new scripture to me, but is very familiar.  I tend to quote this scripture to my spirit quite often but today this scripture spoke to me in a different way.  What does it really mean to love the Lord my God with all my heart, with all my soul, and with all my strength?  Is this actually something that I can possibly obtain on my own strength?  This morning when I prayed this scripture, I just began to say "Lord who am I? Who am I that You would love me with all Your heart, with all Your soul, with all Your strength?  Who am I that You would love me this way? But You do. You do love me in this way.  You love me with all that You ever had."

It's quite amazing how strong and vast God's love truly is.  I look at just who I am now, who I used to be, and who God is making me into and I just can't help to say... God loves me so much!  I don't deserve this extravagant love but I have been given it.  This is the truest, deepest love that I have and will ever experience.  I am truly grateful for God's love.  I look at were I used to be, who I used to be, and how dark my heart used to be and then I look at who I am now, where God has brought me, and how much lighter my heart is.   I just have to say that I am so in love with a Beautiful Man who has loved me in my darkness and my past, and who now loves me in my very present.  I am so in love with a Beautiful Man who will continue to bring me into His completion.  I just have to ask again "Who am I God that You, the God who created the Universe, who made the depth of the seas, and put the stars in the sky, who died on that tree to bring life to me, who am I that You chose me?"  

As I prayed this scripture this morning I was just in awe of the Presence of God in my very own living room as I spoke to Him.  His Love is simply the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced.  How I want to know Him more intimately than anything in the so called existence of life-as the world calls it.  I want to know Him more than anything in all of eternity that is and will always be.  I just couldn't help but pray "Father, help me know You.  Help me love You with all my heart. Help me love You with all my soul.  Help me love You with all my strength.  I just want to have the knowledge of You God.  I want to have a life devoted to knowing who You truly are."

I can't help to question (without wanting to truly know)...
"What would I have become if He wouldn't have given His Son?
What would I have become if He wouldn't have shed His blood on that cross?"

He sent His Son, He gave it all, He loved me with all His Heart.  He loved me with all His Soul, He loved me with all His Strength."

I pray today, "Help me Father love you this way."

No comments:

Post a Comment