Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

rainbows in the classroom

As I glance amongst the children, I see you sitting far off in the corner.
Your face hidden by the positioning of your eyes toward the window pane.
As I continued to walk toward the chalkboard glancing over all the other little faces...
secretly worrying about you, I focused in on your little presence.
How you would not keep my look.
Not even a glance.
I felt the sadness of your heart.
I felt a sense of longing for something lost or someone who had been taken away.
As I bent down to your desk, still refusing to catch my face, I saw it fall.
One single tear slid down your cheek.
As you sat and pretended to stare out the window...
as you pretended to stay focused on the somewhat busy city street...
they began to fall.
I always have heard that tears are the rainbow to the soul.
How the pain of your heart was showing through each tear released.
You know God keeps each tear in a bottle.
He saves them.
He remembers each one.
Someday He will wipe all of them away.
As I saw your pain, I began to feel my own.
I felt a longing for something lost or someone who had been taken away.
I tried to hide my face.
I tried not to catch their gaze.
I tried to look as far away.
I tried to hide but their eyes caught it fall.
One single tear slid down my cheek.
Pretending to stare at the classroom doorway...
pretending to focus on the empty school hallway...
still trying to hide my face.
They began to fall.
As I saw yours fall, I wiped mine away.
Tears revealing the rainbow of two individual souls.
Knowing that God keeps each one and holds the memories so dear.
As you cry and release your pain, I do the same.
As you long for your past teacher, your lost friend that moved on....
I long for my past class so far away, my little friends that I departed from.
Isn't it funny how today we do the same?
Isn't it funny my little new friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment