Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

hurt to change

I read this quote (Longing for Eden) that pierced me today.

"Until the pain of remaining the same becomes greater than the pain of change,
          one will always choose to remain the same."

We know that we are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus, when He reveals the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of changing.  Although changing at times hurts as Christ peels layer after layer after layer of our worldly flesh or desire off, the pain of staying the same is death.  I would rather be restored and changed, than to be dead and plateau.

My prayer is that the Lord would continue to make my sameness hurt to change. This is what I pray.

The pain of remaining the same
Plateau on the life in carnality
Oneness with the world pertaining to the average life of goodness
what goodness could even compare
as we remain the same without change?

Oh no...  Never giving up
Pressing on through the pain of change
Never stay the same
Oh no... Never stay the same

The pain endureth until the end of the night
Must it go? Must it leave tonight? Must it disappear with the dawn?
Pain leaves with the quickness of my self preservation

What pain endures past a leveled ground of comfort?
What pain endures past this horizontal plane?
What pain endures beyond my plateu of this so called life
      past the canyons surrounding my soul?

For You are good, You are good
even through the pain

Make my sameness hurt to change








No comments:

Post a Comment