Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

cut to the heart

The rare times when reading scripture, it cuts to your spirit, cuts to you soul, cuts to your heart.

"Those who were not my people I will call "My people,"
and her who was not beloved I will call "beloved."
And in the very place where it was said to them, "You are not My people,"
there they will be called "sons of the living God."
                                                         Romans 9:25 (Hosea 2:23)

When I read this today the impact of the reality hit me.  This is happening today.  This prophecy foretold about in the book of Hosea and re-quoted in Romans is happening in this very day.  It's happening corporately in nations and individually in personal lives.  When reading this today I was amazed at how alive God's Word stands.  His Words are Truth, they are Real.  They are Alive and Active in our very time.  I was cut to heart as I read this today. 

MERCIFUL is He who says to those who are not His people "you are Mine."
COMPASSIONATE is the One who sees the unloved one and says "You are My loved one."
ABOUNDING IN LOVE is the Father who claims children in a land who has been said they don't belong to Him.  He says ... "My sons & daughters come Home to Me."
Merciful, Compassionate, Abounding in Love... this is my God. This is my Beloved. This is my Father.  He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I love Him so much.


3 comments:

  1. Isaiah 43:1-7
    But now, this is what the Lord says—
    he who created you, Jacob,
    he who formed you, Israel:
    “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
    2 When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
    3 For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
    I give Egypt for your ransom,
    Cush[a] and Seba in your stead.
    4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
    and because I love you,
    I will give people in exchange for you,
    nations in exchange for your life.
    5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
    I will bring your children from the east
    and gather you from the west.
    6 I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
    and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
    Bring my sons from afar
    and my daughters from the ends of the earth —
    7 everyone who is called by my name,
    whom I created for my glory,
    whom I formed and made. ”

    When I read above, this scripture penetrated through to my heart to flesh out ur word, "how God has loved us by giving his grace to even those who are undeserved." I was one of them before I got to truly know him. This is how God declares himself and his love for his people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen John! :-) I love this scripture! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Your posting is such an encouragement. I hope u ll post more often. lol

    ReplyDelete