Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back to the Basics

This evening, I was just sitting and listening to a message/sermon from IHOP.  It was a pretty good message that definitely applies to the season that I am in.  In the middle of the message the Holy Spirit spoke a simple line to me "Back to the Basics."  I repeated "Back to the Basics" a few times.  It's very simple... Love God with all my heart.  Love God with all that I have.
Sometimes I loose sight of this and get overwhelmed with life: work, thoughts of my future, friends, studying, worship, etc.
I loose focus on the simplicity of communion.
How simple it is.  How basic it is.  It really is very simple.
I hear Jesus saying "Just love Me."

I heard this amazing quote this evening...
"Let God be my preoccupation. Let God be my love affair."
May this be my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment