Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Nestle" from Heaven

As I pulled into the parking spot, I thought to myself "why not start at a different location." So as I put my running gear on, I began to prepare for the 6 mile run. Something about running on cool days makes my spirit come alive. :-D So I placed my IPOD on Genesis and began to treck through the book of Genesis as I ran over the hill and through the woods (and not Grandmother's house).

About half way through my jog, I realized that there was no water stand. "Oh why did I have to start at a different location?" Usually I start at the beginning of the Indian Trail and about half way through I reach my third park, which has a water rest area. It's the perfect place to rest; grab water, stretch, watch random children play, and then treck back. I was now wondering why I had started at the rest area. I guess some decisions we make can never be deciphered. See what change gets me into... thirst! About this moment, I stopped and sent up a short prayer to Heaven. I looked up and said "Oh Lord. No water. So thirsty. Help." Not thinking for much of a response to my prayer, I continued to run down the all-so-luscious-green trail.

Continuing on my journey through Genesis, I ran for about 1.2368 minutes and came across an amazing surprise! Right in the middle of the path sat a water bottle! I slowed my pace, as when putting a movie on slow motion to see a funny affect. As I slowly jogged past the water bottle, I looked at it with complete amazement! I then stopped and looked over my shoulder... "Yep, it was still there." I then began to jog backwards, as a movie being put on rewind to recapture a funny affect. As I got to the water bottle, I came to a stop or should I say "pause mode." I just stood there in amazement! I bent down to touch it to see if it was real. It was real alright, I wasn't experiencing a vision. Not only was the water bottle real, it was unopened, and cold! To top it off, the brand was "Nestle-Pure Life." Everyone knows this is the best brand, not to mention how aesthetically appealing the container is. Who would have thought that I would be in need of water, pray, and come right across 9 fl oz of purified water enhanced with minerals for taste, in which is unopened and cold to quench my thirst?

I am still wondering the odds being at this specific location, starting at a new destination, thirsting, praying for water, running upon a bottle of water, it being unopened, cold, purified at that, and most importantly the exact brand that I drink! What are the odds? What are the numbers of possibilities? You know what I say to the odds and number? Forget the odds and numbers, let’s drink!

Now whoever said that prayers are never answered?  He must love me or something. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment