Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Chorus from Heaven

I had a funny dream the other night.  I dreamed I was walking with a man on a city street.  Although it was in the city, we seemed to be the only ones on the street.  As we were walking I looked up at him and was surprised at his height.  I just remember thinking in my mind "Wow! You're tall... too tall! You are so different than from me."  He seemed to be around 6 '4' or 6 '5' in height, which is quite the difference from my 5 ft petite frame.  All of a sudden I heard this beautiful voice from heaven singing 2 lines, whether this was the Lord or one of His angels I do not know. 

The chorus went like this...

"I wanna go deeper and deeper and deeper cause opposites attract. 
I wanna go deeper and deeper and deeper and fall more in love with You."

Then I woke up.

I have been thinking about this encounter and I can't get this tune out of my mind.  I just keep singing it over and over and over.  I'm not sure this dream is directly pointing me to my future spouse but I am adiment about the idea that just as this man's stature was the opposite of mine, that the Lord's stature of who He is- is as also.  I mean yes, I am made to be or try to follow in the image of Christ but as much as I try to suceed I never quite make it. Simply said... I am broken.  I fall too many times.  I am the opposite of Him.  He is strong and tall and perfect.  I am weak and little and imperfect.  He is perfect inside and out.  I am not.  He is so independent and I am so needy and dependent on Him.  He is Love.  I am not.  It is fair enough to say that we are opposites.  What's great about all this?  Well although we are opposites, He is attracted to me.

Although I am dark, He thinks I am lovely.
Although I am imperfect, He still chooses to woo me.
Although I am weak, He gives me His strength.
Although I am none like Him, He wants me. 

He is after my heart. His desire is for me and mine for Him.  Yes, it is true.  We are none alike but as the saying goes, even in Heaven... Hahaha... "Opposites attract."

No comments:

Post a Comment