Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hands

As I close my eyes, I see You. I see You standing there with Your hands wide open, looking at me. I see Your scars but they look a little different than was to be expected. I lean in a little closer to get a better view as I think I see something very peculiar. Scar pierced hands I see but they have something written, something engraved within. Your scar pierced hands say my name! It's my name engraved in those hands of Yours! I'm in those holes, scarred but healed. My name is in the palms of Your hands! Who am I that You chose me out of this world? Who am I that Your hands scream me? How can I contain this reality? It's almost too much to bear. My heart is overwhelmed with an awe and a sense of joy that a man could love me in such an intimate way. Your hands scream my name. Your hands contain all of me. Even through all my unworthiness You chose to die for me! Guiltless, betrayed, abandoned, and denied- You were crucified for me. What can I say? What can I do? What on Earth can I offer You? Nothing could ever compare to the Way, the Truth, and the Life that You have given me. Nothing could ever compare to this endless Love that will last throughout all of Eternity. My life is no longer my own but is in those Beautiful Hands of Yours. There is no other place that I would rather be. Your hands were pierced for me. I see You looking at me with Your palms wide open. Your Life was given for me as my name was inscribed upon those Beautiful Hands of Yours. Into those hands I give all that I am, all that I've been holding onto. Into Your hands, wide open, palms up, screaming at me. My name and all that I am are in those hands. I'm in Your Hands and Your looking at me. There is no other place that I would rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment