Words Words Words...
The reaction to the condition of your heart.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The strings of His Heart

I heard this song a few weeks ago and it has been playing in my soul since. The past few weeks I have felt so distant from His presence. Sometimes I just feel like the Lord is so far away, but in actuality I know that He is right next to me. It's really myself drawing away from Him at times. All so many times He is probably whispering to me "come closer to my heart child." I know that He never moves and that He always wants me to draw nearer to Him. I want to draw nearer to His heart. I want to know Him more and more. I want to play the strings of His heart. At times I will sit, sing, and play as if I am singing directly into His heart. When I feel so far from the Lord, Music always brings me into His presence. Why is this? When I heard this song, it brought to me a visual of how my words go directly into His heart. How He gives us the strings of His heart to play and how He plays the strings of ours, how our words of song float into His heart and how He sings into ours. Simple but complex, beautiful.




I want to play the strings of Your heart, God
Come play the strings of mine
I want to sing straight to Your heart, God
Come sing straight to mine Lord

You have my heart; Lord, You have my hope
Lord, You have my heart, and I am searching for Yours

Lord, You have my thoughts; Lord, You have my thoughts
Lord, You have my thoughts, and I am searching for Yours.

Lord, You have my song; Lord, You have my song
Lord, You have my song, and I am searching for Yours.

I'm so in love with You, I'm so in love with You,
I'm so in love with You, Jesus
Jesus, Jesus
Song by Misty Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment